Are you a Senior Design Manager/Creative Director with a solid background in Accessories/Small Handbags/Promotional Kits/Amenities looking to join a international Design Studio as the Head of Creative level and work on projects for large international blue chip brands in the airline and travel industries while collaborating with some of the most famous luxury brands?
Are you an Expat with the right skills but struggling to find a right job in Hong Kong?
Well, I think I have the right solution for you, and probably is the only one like this in Hong Kong at the moment.
A major international design studio, servicing mainly the hospitality and airline sector is looking for a Head of Design to help them develop and design Amenity Kits for various airlines and hotels, with frequent cross-over opportunities with luxury high-fashion European and other world-famous designer brands
- A decent job; and a working visa in Hong Kong
- Competitive salary package
- Good work-life balance
- High level of job security
- Regional exposure, very international company
- Opportunity to collaborate with luxury high-fashion brands
- Reporting to the CEO and COO of the Hong Kong office (regional HQ), you will be responsible for supervising a Design team dedicated to yourself, to deliver overall creation and design of amenity kits (bags, socks, eyeshades, dental kits and other general amenities), mainly for airlines.
- The design will orbit around the bag(s) itself. You come up with the theme, targeted brands to collaborate with, the design, fabric, functionality and whatnot of the bag, then liaising with the rest of the design and product/sourcing team to come up with the final product
- Understand pricing, strength and weakness of various material and processes, capabilities/capacities of factories
- Project manage the entire process from sampling to final delivery, including quality checks
- Make sure products are to the requirements of the clients: specifications, budget, and delivery time
- Work closely with Brand Partnership team to design fashion/lifestyle branded products under license
- Visiting trade shows for new ideas and inspiration
- Presenting products to Sales team, or together with the Sales team to the client(s)
- Writing project briefs for new product development and existing product refreshes
- Stay up-to-date with the market trend and competitor movements
Are you right?
- Got a Degree or non degree tertiary education, preferably in Design or an Art related subject
- At least 10 years relevant experience in the design of amenities, accessories, handbags, promotional kits or similar
- Experience in working with factories, sample rooms, vendors, etc.
- Preferably proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Interest in the airline and hospitality industry
- Organized, with the ability to multi-task
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, yet with the ability to collaborate with other functions internally and externally
- Expat from Europe or North America very much welcomed and preferred (as in to bring in different vision and perspectives in designs)
- Good English required, fluent Chinese a plus but not a must
If you are a Senior Design Manager/Creative Director with experience in the design of accessories, handbags, promotional kits looking for a raise and the opportunity to join an international company (especially if you're an expat with the right skills but struggling to find a job in Hong Kong), do get in touch with Become today to find out more about this role