A leading US-based technology provider is looking for multiple testers for their on-going banking project.
• Understand and analyze business requirements based on the review of documents (functional specifications document, technical specification documents etc) as received from client / onsite.
• Participate in calls to understand the requirements and organize sessions for new team members
• Participate in the requirement walkthrough session conducted by Sr Test Analyst and identify the gaps in the requirement, Seek clarification on requirements from the Test Architect if required
• Identify the preliminary test data requirements.
• Provide inputs to the test lead/sr test analyst on the scope of testing, analyst effort estimate for the total volume of work, requirement analysis and clarification, test approach etc.
• Prepare test planning for select projects
• Document the test plan based on the understanding of test strategy for each cycle
• Identify testable scenarios and create test scenario document
• Track resolutions through query log and seek review from the senior test analyst / test lead at offshore
• Share test data requests/requirement with the test data management team.
• Create test cases based on the understanding of the requirements and ensure the test coverage.
• If using Quality Centre (Test Management Tool), ensure follow up on the processes and rules to be followed during developments or If using Excel, the test cases are written in such a manner that they can be uploaded on to QC for ease in reuse
• Modify the existing regression scenarios based on the impact of change.
• Conduct smoke testing to ensure system readiness for testing.• Execute automation test scripts/manual test cases post the same
• Record and maintain testing evidences and track execution status of assigned test cases.• Share findings with the Senior Test Analyst
• Identify and track defects and log failures
• Participate in the defect triages to gather evidence for defect identification on periodic basis for defect prioritization and fix
• Provide deployment and post production support if required
• Provide inputs to Sr Test Analyst for test summary report.
• Bachelors in engineering or equivalent
• 3-5 years in testing preferred
• Proficient in HP ServiceTest, HP ALM or VB Script preferred
Work Location: Kowloon Bay, HK Island